Pecan Crusted Halibut with Peach Beurre Blanc Sauce
30 September, 2012
Halibut (4 - 4-oz Filets) or 4 pork loin chops, 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, or 2 small pork tenderloins can be substituted for the halibut, adjusting the oven time accordingly. :
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine 2/3 c Flour, ¼ tsp kosher salt, 1/3 tsp black pepper in a bowl
- In a second bowl, whisk 1 egg and 1 tbsp of cool water.
- Combine 2-1/2 oz of finely chopped pecans and 2/3 c plain breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Lightly dredge each filet in the flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat with pecan mix. Place the filets on a baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tbsp of unsalted butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Place the filets in the pan and cook for three minutes on each side.
- Place filets on a baking sheet and bake for 10- 15 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.