Halibut (4 - 4-oz Filets) or 4 pork loin chops, 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, or 2 small pork tenderloins can be substituted for the halibut, adjusting the oven time accordingly. :
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine 2/3 c Flour, ¼ tsp kosher salt, 1/3 tsp black pepper in a bowl
- In a second bowl, whisk 1 egg and 1 tbsp of cool water.
- Combine 2-1/2 oz of finely chopped pecans and 2/3 c plain breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Lightly dredge each filet in the flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat with pecan mix. Place the filets on a baking sheet.
- Melt 2 tbsp of unsalted butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Place the filets in the pan and cook for three minutes on each side.
- Place filets on a baking sheet and bake for 10- 15 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
Sauce: Using a saucier or heavy saucepan, bring 1/2 c of peach puree (white peach if available), 1/4 c of dry white wine, 2 tbsp white peach vinegar, and 1 tbsp of finely minced shallot to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low, and reduce the mixture to about 1 tbsp, whisking as needed. Once the mixture is reduced, lower the temperature to low and whisk in 12 tbsp of cold unsalted butter, 1 tbsp at a time. Add each piece of butter just prior to the previous one melting completely and removing the pan from the heat if necessary to keep the sauce from separating. If desired, mix in 1 c of finely chopped peaches. Place approximately three tablespoons of the sauce on a plate, and place the halibut in the center of it. Garnish with slices of fresh or caramelized peaches. Consider serving with green beans & wild rice.